Return and Warranty Policy
- What is your return policy? We only accept return within 30 days under the New condition with all accessories in the original package, customer needs to pay for return shipping cost to our closest facility advised by our support team. (Special Holiday Season extend return window starts from Nov. 15th 2023 to Jan. 15th 2024, other return policy remain the same) Company will provide a refund for the Product(s) not including any shipping charges. Follow below steps to return the Product(s) purchased through our Website within Thirty (30) days of the date that we deliver the applicable Product (s):
- Contact our Support team via email Tech@helloskate.com to initiate the return request and obtain authorization for return.
- Create a shipping label addressed to “Backfire Returns” and Make sure include the original order no on the shipping label or in the package, or obtain a return label from our team.
- Pack the Products in the original packaging to ensure the Products will be returned without damage.
- Once the package is received by us and confirmed in brand new condition, we will issue the refund less the shipping charge in three (3) business days with an email confirmation. If the board is actually used or damaged, a 15% restocking fee & cost of damaged parts will be deducted from the refund.
- What is the refund policy? We do NOT refund once board is shipped except the return as brand new condition within 30 days. Customer has to pay for the return shipping cost. No shipping fee will be refunded.
- What is the warranty policy? We offer 6 months (180 days) warranty on Backfire Electric Skateboards from the date when you receive the product. Parts purchased from Backfire separately has a 90 days warranty. 1 year (365 days) warranty apply to Backfire Ranger X3 and Backfire Hammer only.
- If a defect arises during the Warranty Period, Company will, at is options: 1). Send the new parts to replace the defect parts. Most of the parts are fairly easy to be replaced under our design with our YouTube video instructions. 2). exchange the affected Products with functionally equivalent Products that are new or formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability. This warranty excludes normal depletion of consumable parts (grip tape, wheels, belts, hardware & bearings) unless due to a defect in materials or workmanship; and damage resulting from abuse, accident, modifications, unauthorized repairs, neglect, abuse, water damage, or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship. Safety Warning: If there was potential risk of water damage to the battery before, please disconnect the battery from the board immediately and stop charging it or use it! Keep the battery in a dry, and fire resistant place to avoid potential fire risk (such as a sealed bucket outdoor). Don't keep the water damaged battery in door. Do not ship a water damaged battery for service. A Li-ion battery store and release its electrical energy through electrochemical reactions. When electrical energy is drawn/discharged from the battery, lithium ions move from one electrode to the other. The electrodes are submerged in a liquid called an electrolyte, which allows for the movement of ions and consists of lithium salt and organic solvents. It is these organic solvents which are the leading fire hazard in Li-ion batteries. Furthermore, the positively charged electrode (cathode) in the battery contains oxygen, which may be released if the battery is subjected to specific stresses, e.g., internal short, excessive heat, and more. This means that the Li-ion batteries have all the elements needed to self-sustain a fire.
For warranty repairs in United States, here are the processes:
- Contact our Support Team via email Tech@helloskate.com to provide your order number and detail information of the defectiveness, some photos or a short 15 seconds video will be helpful. A prepaid return label will be provided to you via email once the case of warranty is confirmed. (Kindly keep in mind: our tech support bases on the information you provide with us and according to our best experiences and knowledge with the product to diagnose and determine the issue, the better information you could provide, the quick the process can be)
- Pack the products in original packaging or mail in a sturdy box to ensure the products will be returned without damage.
- Once the products are received and fixed, you will receive an email detailing the warranty service along with the return shipment tracking number.
Manufacturer's warranty applies exclusively to new complete skateboards purchased from Backfire Skateboards website, official Amazon store , eBay store, and our authorized retailers. Skateboards purchased elsewhere(unauthorized reseller), used condition, or second hand are NOT covered under our standard warranty. Backfire Skateboards reserves the final right to explain the details of above policy.