Dear Backfire Customers,
Since we released the Zealot S with the new 8 Inch truck, we got 6 reports of the broken truck baseplate on the zealot S so far on social medias or via email directly, company has taken this case seriously, and has been doing quality testing and investigating with our supplier in the past week, and we determined this is potentially a “massive quality concern” instead of isolated cases. We want to send out this notice in the early stage before further incidents happen, we encourage our Zealot S customers stop riding the board until replacing the truck baseplates. We apologize for the quality control issue and will take actions as below immediately from April 5th, 2021 China time:
- We have stopped using the truck baseplate from this supplier immediately for all future zealot s production
- We will send replacement truck baseplates from our ZEALOT bamboo truck supplier for all previous zealot s customers as free replacement starting April 7th, 2021 China time. Our supports will contact you if you are a zealot s customer and confirm shipping address with you in email one by one.
More details will be explained in the FAQ section below:
1. Q: Who is impacted in this case? Does this include zealot bamboo, or any other models from backfire?
A: Only Zealot S customers who had the 8-inch trucks. This case does NOT impact Zealot Bamboo, or any other models such as g3, g2 and Ranger.
2. Q: What would happen if I just recently placed the order of Zealot S, and the package is on the way by sea or air shipping?
A: We will send you replacement truck baseplates as well.
3. Q: Do I have to change the truck axle as well?
A: No, the truck axle does not have any quality issue and was not produced from the truck base supplier.
4. Q: How to replace the truck baseplates on the zealot s?
A: Our team will release an instruction video and send the video link out asap.
5. Q: Do I have to replace the truck baseplates on my Zealot S even though I have been ridden it for hundreds of miles without issue?
A: All though it did not happen to you, and there were still several hundred customers did not report this issue yet, we encourage you to replace the truck bases asap to avoid the risk.
6. Q: Can I cancel the zealot S order if it has not shipped?
A: Yes, if your order is not shipped, please reach out to our support to request cancelation with your order number before shipping.
7. Q: If I am going to place the order today or later, how do I confirm my order of ZEALOT S has the updated and QC passed truck?
A: Our factory will put a “QC pass” sticker on the new truck baseplates in the next batch of zealot s production to differentiate these from previous batches. To make a further clean cut off, we will publish the serial numbers for new Zealot S with the new truck bases later our official website so you can check your unique serial number to make sure as well.
We sincerely apologize again for any concerns and inconveniences we brought to you. Backfire team will our best to solve this case as soon as possible. Please feel free to reach out to our team if you have further questions.