There are some extra steps for the international shipping due to the battery inside so that UPS and FedEx do not accept directly air shipping from China.
How many steps are there in Logistics to ship an Electric Skateboard to other countries?
- We send the packages from our factory to forwarders warehouse in Shenzhen, Forwarder print and put the UPS/FedEx label on the package.
- Meantime, forwarder feedback the tracking number to Backfire, we update in the order and notify customer.
- Forwarder moves these packages to Hong Kong airport ( Due to China mainland airlines do not take cargo with such big batteries)
- Forwarder books the air cargo airplane from Hong Kong to Germany / USA or other destination counties.
Step 1 to Step 4 happens within about 5 business days.
- Packages go through the Germany or Belgium customs in EU , and we pay Duty and taxes. ( Forwarder has two branches in Europe) ; or go through Customs in California of USA etc.
Customs clearance is out of our control, which could take as smooth as 3 business days or as long as a couple of weeks depending on the situation.
- Packages pass customs clearance and will be sent to UPS or FedEx. ( Customers will see the tracking number update on the carrier’s website)
- UPS/FedEx make the final delivery via ground shipping.
The whole process could take :
- 7 to 15 business days to United States
- 15 to 20 business days to European countries
- 15 to 20 business days to Canada
- 12 to 20 business days to Australia and New Zealand
- 5 to 7 business days to other Asia countries.